Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Meme

Stolen from The Devil Dog blog!

Christmas Meme

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Doesn't matter ;-)

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial (especially now that I have one with lights).

3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving.

4. Wreath on your door? Always--usually artificial, but real this year.

5. Do you like eggnog? Love it, wish it was available all year long!

6. Favourite Christmas gift received as a child? Books, always books.

7. Easiest person to buy for? My sisters.

8. Least easiest? My Dad when he was alive.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. I actually have several, including a few that are ornaments.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail! Even though they are frequently late!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A watch when I wanted the doll my sister got!  To add insult to injury, she had no interest in doll, but my mom wouldn't let us switch.

12. Favourite Christmas Movie? How The Grinch Stole Christmas.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.

15. Open presents on Christmas eve or morning? One gift Christmas eve, the rest in the morning.

16. Lights on the tree? Pre lit tree. It's awesome!

17. Favourite Christmas song? I'll be Home for Christmas (Bing Crosby--does this age me?)

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home.  I've not travelled at Christmas for over 30 years.  I HATE airports during any holiday season.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Of course! Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet Cupid, Donner & Blixen. Rudolph and of course Olive (all of) (Stolen from Roxy's answer.)

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Yes

21. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham and cranberry sauce.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Driving home from work in the dark!  Too many people in the stores.

23. Favourite Tree ornament, theme or colour? Pug ornaments and my collection of Santa ornaments

24. Favourite for Christmas dinner? Ham, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes.

25. Brussels Sprouts - ugh, hate them for the most part.  Although someone made some really tasty ones for Thanksgiving.

26. Favourite accompaniment to the Christmas Pud? I've never had Christmas pudding.

27. Favourite Christmas Carol? I Saw Three Ships.

28. Your very Favourite Christmas Thing? Time off

29. A Christmas wish! Peace on Earth, Good Will to All, That we all learn to get along on the only planet we have. That we all keep our jobs and homes and are healthy and happy. You get the idea. (also from Roxy's answer.

30. Tag a Seasonal Six! Anyone who wants to who hasn't, go ahead!

1 comment:

Archie and Melissa said...

hi sandy!
it is so nice to meet you. thank you for visiting my blog today. :)
what a great meme!
:) melissa